PBEH logo is the exclusive property of the professional body and may only be used in a manner that furthers the PBEH’s mission and complies to the constitution. The following policy outlines the terms and conditions of the use of the logo.
Who can use the logo?
- Registered designated members in good standing
- Recognized Training Providers in good standing
In all instances written permission must be given by the professional body to use the logo.
“Request for Use of Logo” form must be completed, signed and submitted to obtain permission.
How should the PBEH logo be used?
Authorized users may scale / resize, the proportions of each component of the design must remain unchanged, the logo to suit your needs. The colour, design or graphics may not change and may not be used with any other graphic. The integrity of the logo must be preserved.
PBEH is the only body to issue a certificate of competence displaying the
Professional Body Logo.
Violation of Policy
The PBEH retains the right to direct the user to cease displaying the relevant logo, if it discredits the professional body or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill: is false or misleading; violate the rights of other; violates any law regulation or other public policy; or mischaracterizes the relationship between the Profession Body and the user, including but not limited to any use of the logo that might reasonably be construed as an endorsement of the Professional Body’s standards
The Professional Body will not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever sustained by any party, however cause, in regards to the use of its logos.
Terms and Conditions
- The Professional Body for Environmental Hygiene (“PBEH”) is a non-statutory body.
- The PBEH has a ‘mark / branding’, it being its Logo.
- The Logo is the exclusive property of the PBEH. As such, the PBEH owns all right, title and interest in the Logo.
- The PBEH is, accordingly, the sole owner of all rights, title and interest in and to the Logo and variations thereof, together with the goodwill that is symbolized by such mark. Except for the rights expressly granted hereunder, you will not have any rights, title or interest in or to the mark. You acknowledge that the Logo and all trademarks included therein have acquired secondary meaning and that your use of the same, including the goodwill associated therewith, inures solely and exclusively to the benefit of the PBEH.
- The PBEH strictly prohibits the use of its Logo by external providers and stakeholders. The only instance upon which the PBEH Logo may be used is where a specific request to make use of the Logo has been made and was granted in writing by the organisation.
- Where consent and approval has been granted, the use of the PBEH Logo will be subject to the following specific conditions, in terms of which you agree to:
- 1. Refrain from asserting any ownership, proprietary or other rights in the Logo or to challenge, contest, or take any other action inconsistent with the PBEH’s exclusive ownership rights in the Logo, irrespective of any use you may make of the Logo;
- 2. Refrain from seeking any form of registration, in any jurisdiction, of any trademark, service mark, trade dress, logo or other commercial designation that includes the Logo or any colourable imitation or derivative thereof;
- 3. Refrain from pursuing any claim, action or proceeding against the PBEH, its employees, consultants or stakeholders based upon the usage of the Logo;
- 4. Indemnify and defend the PBEH from and against any claim, cost or liability of any kind, including for copyright and trademark infringement, arising out of your usage of the Logo; and
- 5. Waive, release and hold harmless the PBEH, its employees, consultants or stakeholders from any claim or liability based upon your usage of the Logo and the impression created thereby.
- No permission is granted to use the Logo or a copy thereof for further distribution or commercial use without the express written consent of the PBEH.
- Permission to use the Logo is granted without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- The preferred colour behind the PBEH Logo is white. Therefore, the Logo must never be reversed out. To ensure that the Logo is always clear as presented, it should never be reproduced smaller than one- half inch. This requirement is to ensure that the words are legible.
- The following are further conditions applicable to the use of the PBEH Logo, namely:
- 1. You may only use the Logo while you are a fully paid up member of the PBEH.
- 2. You are to cease using the Logo if your registration has expired or lapsed or if you are suspended as a provider (either voluntarily or otherwise) or if you are directed in writing by the PBEH.
- 3. You may only use the Logo in its entirety, except that you may change its size or use it in black and white.
- 4. You are not to use the logo in any way that could mislead the public or bring the PBEH scheme into disrepute.
- 5. You are not to copy or forward an electronic copy of the Logo to any person or organisation except for in the course of its approved usage.
- 6. You are to indemnify the PBEH against all loss, damage, liability, cost and expense suffered or incurred by us as a result of your breach of these terms. Where legal action is taken by the PBEH you hereby agree to pay the legal costs thereof on an attorney-and-own-client scale.
- 7. You are to ensure that the PBEH Logo never takes prominence over your Company’s name or logo.
- The PBEH reserves the right to withdraw the approval or permission to use and reproduce its Logo whenever, in its sole discretion, it believes that the privilege is being used in a way that is detrimental to its interests or the above conditions are not being met.