WHAT IS A DESIGNATION?
A “Professional designation” means a title or status conferred by a professional body in recognition of a person’s expertise and/or right to practice in an occupational field.
Definition extracted from Policy and Criteria for Recognizing a Professional Body and Registering a Professional Designation for the Purposes of the National Qualifications Framework Act, Act 67 of 2008
All trained persons who meet the criteria will be awarded a professional designation and issued with a certificate stating the professional designation. These persona will be allowed to use that title and place corresponding designated letters behind their names: i.e.:
• PBEH-HO – Hygiene Operator
• PBEH-HC – Hygiene Controller
• PBEH-HP – Hygiene Practitioner
• PBEH-HS – Hygiene Specialist
• PBEH-HX – Hygiene Expert
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE A PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION?
• It gives u credibility.
• Your knowledge and experience has been evaluated against a registered standard.
• It is not just information that appears on your CV.
• The designation gives you a title, which has been verified by an independent external body.